October 1st is World Vegetarian Day. So, to celebrate, I have collected 3 easy recipes that use Beyond Meat from Trifecta Nutrition. They are easy and delicious and are an excellent way to celebrate a healthy vegetarian lifestyle.
Finding Vegetarian Recipes for Dinner is Easy
One of the biggest worries about eating more vegetarian food is getting proper nutrition, and for many people, they are especially concerned about protein. But how much protein do vegans need?
If you want to go vegan or already are, a vegan meal prep company can make the transition easier, simplify your schedule, and add delicious options to your menu. It’s easy to go vegan, and Trifecta Nutrition has made it even easier.
Beyond Meat Review
The recipes I will be showcasing contain an amazing meat substitute from Beyond Meat. The first two use Beyond Meat Burgers and the other will use Beyond Meat Sausage.
People love to eat meat, but the production of meat is energy and resource-intensive, and it takes up a lot more land than farming plants. The product line at Beyond Meat uses cutting edge technology to create a meat substitute that tastes and feels like meat without harming animals in any way.
Beyond Meat Ingredients
Beyond Meat uses a pea protein-based meat substitute that contains no soy, gluten, or GMOs. Beet juice and coconut oil help mimic the texture and bloodiness of beef to an astonishing degree while maintaining a completely vegan profile.
Beyond Meat Recipe: Vegan Beyond Burger Lasagna
Prep 45 minutes. Cook Time 2 hours 30 minutes. Total time 3 hours 15 minutes. Serves 6. Adapted from Produce On Parade.
- 1 Beyond Burger patty
- Pasta sauce (24 oz)
- 14 oz firm tofu
- ½ cup Vegan Cheese (or 2 oz Miyoko’s Creamery Fresh Vegan Mozzarella)
- ¾ cup Vegan Milk (unsweetened)
- 1 can of tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 12 pieces no-boil lasagna noodles (egg-free)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast, large flake
- ½ Tbsp miso paste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Add ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Italian seasoning and vegan parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix tofu and oregano. Mash until the mixture resembles ricotta. Crumble the raw Beyond Burger patty into the tofu mixture and combine.
- In a 9×13 pan, spread half of the tomato sauce. Lay 3 noodles in the sauce taking care not to overlap noodles.
- Spread 1/3rd of the tofu mixture on top of the noodles, followed by 1/3rd of the pasta sauce.
- Layer 3 noodles and 1/3rd of the tofu mixture, spread half of the cheese on top of the tofu and layer another 1/3rd of the pasta sauce.
- Next, layer 3 noodles and the remaining 1/3 of the tofu and 1/3rd of the pasta sauce (do not use any cheese this time). Layer the final 3 noodles and cover with the remaining half of the tomato sauce.
- Spread the second half of the cheese and sprinkle with Italian seasoning (optional).
- Apply nonstick cooking spray to aluminum foil and cover the lasagna. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the lasagna and bake for a final 15 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving, top with optional vegan parmesan and enjoy!
For a meatier lasagna, use 2 Beyond Burger patties. A creamier effect can be achieved by using more cheese (as much as you want). If you want to use regular, egg-free noodles, reduce the milk used to ½ cup.
Beyond Meat Recipe: Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
Prep Time 30 minutes. Cook Time 90 minutes. Total Time 2 hours. Serves 6. Adapted from Beyond Meat.
- 3 lbs. Russet Potatoes, peeled
- 2 Beyond Burger Patties
- 2 cups Almond Milk
- Add 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- ½ tsp Thyme
- ½ tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1.5 cup Vegan Cheese
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Chives, chopped (for garnish)
- Peel and thinly slice 3 lbs of Russett Potatoes. Cover in water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Preheat skillet on medium-high and brown the Beyond Burger patties. This should take 5-7 minutes. Crumble with a wooden spoon. Remove and set aside.
- Add butter to the skillet and melt.
- Whisk flour into melted butter until smooth, then add almond milk and whisk into a roux. When the roux thickens and begins to bubble, turn the heat off.
- Whisk in salt, pepper, thyme, and mustard.
- Stir in vegan cheese until melted and smooth. A high-speed blender can be used to achieve a smoother texture.
- Layer 1/3rd of the potato slices into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover with 1/3rd of the cheese sauce and 1/3rd of the crumbled Beyond Burger patties. Repeat twice more until all the ingredients are gone.
- Cover with foil and bake for 90 minutes, removing the foil for the final 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle chives over the dish and serve immediately!
Beyond Meat Recipe: Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
Prep time 10 minutes. Cook Time 30 minutes. Total Time 40 minutes. Serves 6. Adapted from Dora Daily.
- 3 Beyond Sausage Links
- 6 Slices Vegan Cheese (use your favorite)
- 14 oz. Firm Tofu
- 2 cups Fresh Spinach
- 6 Tomato Slices
- ¼ cup Vegan Mayo
- 2 Tbs. Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ tsp Kala Namak (an egg-flavored salt)
- 6 Sourdough English Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Quarter the Beyond Sausage links by splitting them down the middle and then cutting them in half. Place sausage patties on pan.
- Slice Tofu into 6 even slices, about the size of your muffins, and place on the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Add cheese slices and continue baking for 5 minutes.
- Mix vegan mayo, nutritional yeast, and Kala Namak until smooth.
- Toast Muffins.
- Compose your English Muffins with a spread of mayo mixture and tofu. Add a sausage patty, tomato, and spinach and serve immediately!
Simplify Your Life with Easy Vegetarian Recipes
It has never been easier to go vegan or to supplement your vegetarian lifestyle with ethical and sustainable alternatives. These delicious recipes are just the beginning of what you can do with Beyond Meat products, so be sure to celebrate World Vegetarian Day on October 1st!