Are you’re looking for a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make snack that you can quickly whip up for yourself or other people no matter what the occasion? Give this skinny deviled eggs recipe a go. Deviled eggs are popular due to their nutrient-packed deliciousness, serving as indulgent yet light appetizers that are suitable for all kinds of occasions.
Deviled eggs are incredibly easy to prepare and require only a handful of ingredients. Thus, you won’t have to break the bank when making this amazing dish or run around the farmer’s market trying to find the ingredients for it. Deviled eggs are boiled chicken eggs cut in half and filled with mashed yolk mixed with other flavorings such as lite mayonnaise or mustard.
- Skinny Deviled Eggs Recipe With Greek Yogurt
- How to Make the Perfect Boiled Egg
- Other Delicious and Healthy Egg Recipes
- A Final Word on the Skinny Deviled Eggs Recipe
Skinny Deviled Eggs Recipe With Greek Yogurt
Making deviled eggs isn’t rocket science, but it can be difficult to find an amazing recipe that works for you! Deviled eggs must be flavorful yet simple enough to make, and this recipe works with both of these requirements. This recipe follows the classic deviled eggs recipe, but with a twist!
Basically, this recipe calls for paprika, capers, and greek yogurt as special ingredients for that oomph in taste. These simple ingredients enhance the flavor tenfold, making these deviled eggs taste much better than those made with chili pepper, simple yogurt, and spring onions. Making this recipe only takes 20 minutes, and the quantities are set to serve 12 people. The best part: each serving contains only 82 calories, so you can indulge in a few pieces without feeling too guilty about straying from your diet plan.
What You’ll Need for Skinny Deviled Eggs:
- 12 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 stalk green onions (white part only)
- Rinse and finely chop the capers into small pieces.
- Also, chop up the onions, making sure no big chunks are left.
- Boil the eggs in a pot with water, such that an inch of the eggs are covered, over high heat. When they begin boiling, turn the flame to medium and cover the pot. Cook them for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the hard-boiled eggs into a colander and run cold water over them to help them cool.
- Place the eggs aside for some time until they cool completely.
- Once they’ve cooled, peel them and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Pop-out the yolks and put them all in a bowl.
- Take a fork and mash the yolks until there are no clumps.
- Mix the yolks with mayonnaise, greek yogurt, onions, and capers.
- Add salt to taste.
- Mix well and mash until it’s smooth.
If you want to make your mixture smoother, place it inside a plastic food storage bag. Squeeze and roll the bag around in your fingers until the texture is to your preference
- Using a piping bag or the plastic bag with the corner cut off, pipe the mixture into the egg whites halves.
- Sprinkle a little bit of paprika over the eggs with your fingers and voila, you’re done!
How to Make the Perfect Boiled Egg
Many people are apprehensive when it comes to making skinny deviled eggs because boiling eggs isn’t their strongest suit. But don’t let that stop you! Remember, practice makes perfect. The first few times, you might end up with runny yolks or overcooked whites, but don’t worry. All that is part of the learning process. If making hard-boiled eggs is not your area of expertise, then try this perfect boiled egg recipe:
- Put the eggs in a large pot with a lid.
- Add cold water until the eggs are fully submerged in the water.
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda and add it to the pot.
- Place the pot over high heat until the water begins to boil.
- Turn off the heat once the water boils.
- Cover the pot with a lid.
- Let the eggs sit in the hot water for 12 minutes.
- Add ice in a bowl and some cold water.
- Transfer the cooked eggs into this bowl.
- Wait for the eggs to cool.
- Peel and enjoy!
If you need some more help with boiling an egg perfectly, then this six-minute Youtube video offers an easy-to-follow tutorial that you can use to get a perfectly-boiled egg every time.
Other Delicious and Healthy Egg Recipes
There are so many recipes that you can make with eggs as the main ingredient, but the main question that concerns many people is this: are eggs healthy? The answer is yes, but only if eggs are consumed in moderation.
Eggs contain essential nutrition required to maintain optimal health, such as protein, vitamins, and minerals. While the high cholesterol content found in egg yolks can be concerning, experts believe one egg per day does not pose any adverse health impact.
Studies indicate that eggs contain vitamin B12 and vitamin B6, which boost energy and contribute to the production of red blood cells. Due to their high protein content and the important role these vitamins play in your body, egg protein powders hold considerable popularity, too. Experts also state that eggs contain many other important micronutrients like vitamin A and vitamin K, essential for maintaining good eye health and muscle function.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to making food with eggs. Try to incorporate vegetables into your egg recipes so that you’ll be getting nutrients from veggies, as well. If you’re feeling adventurous, try to make the perfect eggs benedict, or perhaps you could try making a poached egg for yourself. Scrambled eggs, french toast, and egg salads are some other quick and easy recipes that you could try, as well. Just make sure you follow a good recipe.
A Final Word on the Skinny Deviled Eggs Recipe
This skinny deviled eggs recipe is extremely delicious and also offers a very nutritious meal to anyone looking for a quick protein fix. This recipe is light and weight-friendly, which means you won’t have to worry about gaining weight if you consume it in moderate proportions. Also, eggs are full of important nutrients that help boost your health, providing you with essential protein, vitamins, and minerals. It’s the perfect quick recipe to add to your healthy diet.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.