We may earn compensation from the products and offers mentioned in this article. However, any expressed opinions are our own and aren’t influenced by compensation. To read our full disclosure, click here.
Beyond the Shine Text Review: Self-Care Simplified
While the Shine app might be a great tool to help improve your mental and emotional health, there are many things you can do on your own for better self-care. Below, I’ll explore what you should know.
- Follow Some Basic Mental Health Tips
- Consider a Gratitude Journal
- Consider Other Self-Care Apps
- Get Into Yoga
- Develop a Growth Mindset
Follow Some Basic Mental Health Tips
Caring for yourself doesn’t have to be difficult. It can be surprisingly simple. Just follow some basic mental health tips:
- Make time to just breathe and enjoy living in the moment. Mindfulness helps you experience all that life has to offer, not just the major milestones.
- Physical exercise is good for both your body and your mind. It helps you decrease stress and build muscle, and it releases feel-good endorphins like serotonin in your brain.
- Meditate regularly. Even as little as five minutes of meditation per day can yield significant benefits in terms of mood, mental agility, and stress.
- Start a daily routine. While it might sound boring, routines help your brain and body deal with stress, improve energy levels, and fall asleep faster.
Consider a Gratitude Journal
There are many proven benefits of journaling for mental health. It can help you handle stress, deal with anxiety, and so much more. One thing that it’s exceptionally good at is building a sense of gratitude in your life. As Psychology Today writer Amy Morin explains, “Whether you choose to write a few sentences in a gratitude journal or simply take a moment to silently acknowledge all that you have, giving thanks can transform your life.”
Consider Other Self-Care Apps
As highlighted in the review, the Shine text app offers a lot of benefits. However, it’s predominantly female focus, and the fact that you need the premium app to access all of those benefits, means that it might not be right for everyone. Thankfully, there are tons of others motivation apps out there, all of which can be contenders. Some of the top considerations include:
- Plum Village: Focusing on meditation and the practice of Zen, this free app was designed following the teachings of Zen master Thich Nhat Hahn.
- Headspace: There’s a free version of this renowned app that allows you to explore guided meditation. However, you’ll want the paid subscription if you intend to go deeper.
- Calm: Calm is one of the top-rated apps for mental and emotional health today and has won several awards over the years. However, it does require a monthly or annual subscription.
- Happify: This app goes beyond relaxation meditation to offer mood training. It’s psychologist-approved, too. The app is free to use, and you’ll get access to games, gratitude prompts, and more.
Get Into Yoga
The benefits of yoga are well-established. You can tone muscles, improve your balance and coordination, and increase flexibility. However, did you know that yoga can also help with mental and emotional health?
While people in the West might be most familiar with yoga as a form of exercise, it originated as part of Buddhist tradition and integrates smoothly with meditation. If you’re looking for a way to improve both physical and mental health, there’s nothing quite like exploring what this ancient modality has to offer.
Develop a Growth Mindset
You’re not stuck with the traits you were born with. You’re not stuck with anything. Everything about you changes over time, from the cells in your body to the way you see the world around you. Developing a growth mindset allows you to change the paradigm, take control of your growth and development, and become a happier, healthier person on your own terms.
Let’s Review: Shine Text App and Creating a Healthier, Happier You
As you can see from this review, the Shine text app has a lot to offer. For many people, it can be a gateway to a happier, brighter future with less stress and more enjoyment of every moment. However, it might not be right for everyone.
Thankfully, there are tons of other self-care apps out there. Additionally, there are a host of simple things you can do right now in your life to help you cope and improve your mental, physical, and emotional health. You can get regular exercise, start a meditation practice, explore self-care apps, or create a growth mindset. You are in the driver’s seat, and there’s no reason to hit the brakes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.