Protein bars are popular (and delicious) snacks that are quick and convenient. Often, when you think about protein bars, the RX bars are at the top of that list. And let’s face it, if you’ve landed on this page, it means you’ve had these delicious snacks once or maybe a couple of times. They are fun and come with to-die-for seasonal flavors. Even kids seem to dig these protein-packed snacks. They are just what you need in a mid-afternoon or pre-workout snack. While you may want to have RX bars all the time, the cost can add up. For that reason, try this delicious homemade protein bars recipe.
- What is Protein?
- What is an RX Protein Bar?
- Know Your Ingredients
- RX Clone Protein Bars: Best Pre-Workout Snack
What is Protein?
Protein is an essential building block of muscles, skin, organs, and hormones. It’s a part of every cell in the body and is important for the following:
- Boosting strength and regulate hormones
- Repairing and build the body’s tissues
- Building muscle and bones to make hormones and enzymes
Protein bars are a convenient way of adding protein, carbs, vitamins, and minerals to your everyday diet. They also help curb appetite, support muscle repair and fuel your workout. Research shows that supplementing your diet with protein may boost performance and increase muscle mass.
What is an RX Protein Bar?
As a healthy food enthusiast, looking out for healthy foods is a must. A few years ago, the RX protein bar came onto the scene with its high-fiber and high-protein content. RX bars are all-natural whole food protein bars with clean and minimal ingredients. They are gluten and dairy-free and paleo-friendly. These simple ingredients make the RX bar one of the best healthy snacks on the go and suitable for a wide range of diets. They come in a variety of flavors, minimalistic packaging, and a simple ingredient list.
The Best Healthy Snacks: My Homemade Protein Bars Recipe
- Food Processor
- Small Bowl
- Large Bowl
- Parchment Paper
- Rolling Pin
- 14 pitted Medjool Dates
- 6 scoops (3 servings) Bulletproof Unflavored Collagen Peptide
- 1/2 cup Raw Almonds
- 1/2 cup Raw Cashew
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Soak the dates in warm water and set them aside.
- In a food processor, finely grind cashews and almonds and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Next, put the dates into the food processor. Blend until they have a doughy consistency. Add the blended dates to the bowl of groundnuts.
- Add your collagen peptides, cocoa powder, and chocolate morsels to the bowl. Mix with a spoon and then with your hands until you achieve a uniform consistency.
- Lay two sheets of parchment paper and spread 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil on each using your hands. Transfer the mixture to one of the greased parchment paper sheets. Lay the other one on top with the greased side touching the dough.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough uniformly into a square of about 1/3 inch thickness. Place in the refrigerator to rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper and cut it into 8 equal squares.
RX bars are popular because they taste homemade. So, wouldn’t it be amazing if you could actually make your own protein bars at home? After all, the ingredients are right there on the packaging. If you’re a food lover who is conscious about what you eat, this protein bar recipe is for you.
Know Your Ingredients
- Medjool dates have a rich and intense caramel flavor. They are larger than regular pitted dates and sweeter due to the high fructose content.
- Bulletproof Unflavored Collagen Peptides are sourced from grass-fed cows and mix well with cold and hot drinks. You can add it to coffees, smoothies, and protein bars for a boost.
- Almonds are rich in protein, healthy fats, fiber, Vitamin E, and magnesium. Almonds reduce blood pressure, lower blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels. They are also great at promoting weight loss and leaving you feeling full.
- Cashews are rich in fiber, plant protein, and healthy fats while low in sugar. They are a great source of magnesium, copper, and manganese. These nutrients boost brain health, energy production, bone health, and immunity.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder has a rich, chocolaty flavor.
- Dark chocolate morsels contain one hundred percent real chocolate and cacao.
- Coconut oil is rich in saturated fats. This unique combination helps to boost cardio health, brain function and aids in fat loss.
- Sea salt contains sodium chloride. This helps regulate blood pressure and fluid balance. Since sea salt is minimally processed, it is rich in iron, calcium, and potassium.
RX Clone Protein Bars: Best Pre-Workout Snack
Like GFB protein bites, this is a great snack to have before a workout or as a nutritious dessert. It’s also a good snack to add to your children’s lunch box for that added boost of protein in their meals. If you want, you can make the dough into mini protein balls.
While buying a ready-made protein bar is convenient, making your own is cheaper and opens up a whole new world of customization and new flavors. If you like making things from scratch, this recipe could be a great way of exploring your options. The healthy ingredients help to boost your energy levels and keep you feeling fuller for longer.